Thursday, March 27, 2014

And then there were two

For about the last five months I've been trying really hard (and I've been successful) with just sticking to one foster dog.  We desperately need foster homes but, those of us that do foster have to do what is best for ourselves, our families and our own dogs.  This is easier said than done and back in the fall I was getting really burnt out and I needed a break.  I needed to go back down to one foster otherwise I was going to burn out and that wouldn't be helpful for anyone. 
 
So, we've chugged along and I had no intention of taking on another foster.  If you follow my blog you know that last month I was trying to take 2 different senior dogs in from PAWS and Seattle Humane Society and here's my post about those girls Open foster spot both were adopted out of the shelter which allowed us to bring Royal into foster care.
 
Well as usual nothing is predictable in rescue.  I recently received an email from Seattle Humane Society saying that the 12 yr old rattie had been returned.  She was struggling with being back at the shelter and would I be able to now take her into foster care.
 
Torii's shelter picture
 
My husband and I went out to see her and after talking this through we decided to go into overload to bring this senior gal into our care.  We have named her Torii after  Torii Mor winery
 

I want to take a quick minute to thank my husband for all of his support and assistance with the foster dogs.  If not for him, I would have burnt out a long time ago and he gives me the encouragement and support to keep at this work.  He's a wonderful, gentle guy who puts up with his crazy rattie rescue wife!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment