Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Zippity Dog-Z by Wicked Coursing

With being foster free for a little bit, I've had a "to do" list and on that list was to research a lure machine for D'light.  He has a HUGE prey drive and he's chased a lure before and loved it.  Watching D'light's prey drive kick in is amazing.  He becomes a different dog -  full of terrier and he forgets his worry.  It's a joy to watch him have so much fun.
 
D'light searching for critters...
His prey drive is intense!
We go on long line hikes so that he can look for critters
He loves to hunt!
 
 I knew if I could find a lure, he would love running it when we go down to Portland to visit our in-laws.  They they have a large yard to run a lure and their property is 5 acres, fully fenced so, we don't have to worry about D'light running off trying to catch a critter.  Our postage size yard would never work with lure and I don't trust D'light to not chase after something if he was off leash.  Given we were heading down to Oregon over the 4th of July I was on a mission to locate a machine!
 
So I did some research and then contacted Wicked Coursing    They are the nicest people and were extremely helpful with all of my questions.  They have videos on their website that were also helpful in understanding how the different lures work.
 
 
 
I opted to purchase the  Zippity Dog - Z  Why the Z over the Zippity Dog standard? My main reason was because the Z has a powered leveler which allows the string to move freely back and forth and should stop tangles in the line.  To me, this was going to be well worth the extra money - I did not want to be spending tons of time untangling line!

The lure is roughly 3 pounds - yes really it's 3 pounds!  I comes with a remote control and is all contained this nice red box.
 
 
And the inside - it's a simple machine and comes with a battery charger that you plug into your wall. 



The string is a little off as you can see - that's because we had used it before this picture and I'll fix it easy enough on the next run.

The Zippity Dog Z comes with one pulley and it with it's power, can support two so, I purchased a second pulley.

Pulley that you just push into the ground
 
 
So stay tuned to see what D'light and Catty think of the Zippity Dog Z lure!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment