Wednesday, December 11, 2013

What do Catty and D'light think of Soos - Part 2

"What are you up to?"
"Hey nice lady what's that bag you just rattled?!"
 
"I know that noise - this is worth getting up for"
 
Catty and D'light decide this new boy might not be so bad!
 
 
 

Catty knows that a new foster brings treats!

Then it was time to rest...
 
Poor Soos really wants to be close to D'light

Soos says "This will do."

Soos didn't find the above all that comfortable so, he moved on to a more comfortable spot. 

"I'll just lay over here and maybe she won't notice me"

"Hi there... can I come see you?"

Wow!  This is unheard of at day 2 with a new foster. 
 
Catty let him lay with her for about 10 minutes then she'd had enough. Her body language was starting to change so, we called Soos off the bed with a treat. To the best of your ability, you always want to manage the situation before it amps up. Soos was happy to get a reward for coming when we called him. 
 
D'light watched all of what was going on and as you can see by his ears, he was very relaxed.  This has a lot to do with how non-intrusive Soos is.  Soos is a great little dog with good dog skills!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I am so interested in your blog about Soos. What a cutie. I live in Pacific NW & would like to meet with you. You know so much about fosters and dog behavior. I'm impressed with all your great information. Several years ago, I used to foster dogs for Ratbone Rescues. Please contact me at tealeafgardens@yahoo.com. Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I just emailed you - thanks for following my blog!

      Delete