Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Royal's big adventure

Royal and I had a date on Orcas Island and in the 15 years we've lived in Washington, I've never been to the San Juan Islands. So this was adventure for both of us!
We arrived early for the ferry as I did not want to miss it.  Next one was in 5 hours out and that would have been bad for a variety of reasons.  So, we arrived early, I parked my car in line and out we went to explore.
So much to smell!

Royal isn't interested in the view or of the ferry in the background

"This is pretty cool foster mom!"
Oh and D'light came along since one of his favorite things in the world is going for a car ride.  You'd never guess that when he came to us back in 2011 that riding in a car was an awful experience for him.
Royal says "Lets go! There tons of cool stuff down this path!"


Royal having a super time with so much to take in!

Royal doing great and D'light's terrier button of "I want to get that bird" is turning on.

We started walking back up the hill and D'light is in full terrier hunt mode.  

"I will get you even if you are not in this grass"


Crazy D'light - when he gets into this hunting mode it's a challenge to reel him in!

Royal stays close to me and wonders what D'light's problem is!

"I don't see anything..."

Royal tries to help D'light out but again - no birds in the grass!

Royal tires of this nonsense and he's ready to go up the hill  

Tall grass is no problem

"Where's Royal?"

"I'm here foster mom"

"Here I come!"



No comments:

Post a Comment