Friday, February 7, 2014

Using the enviroment - Part 2

And we found some more fun things to work his brain and body! 
 
This is a 2 ft concrete stand - we did a number of up and off's!
 Then we found this small wall.  I wanted to see if I could get him to walk and turn around.  Without jumping off.  You can see there were groves and other objects on the wall.  And as we were getting started on this game there was a dog very close by barking.  Tremolo did great with staying focused on what I was asking of him.  Good boy!
 
 
 
He's figuring out that sitting calmly gets him lots of treats and touch from me

Our last game for this walk was using some misshaped steps with a big gate at the top of the stairs.   He gets to jump off the stairs on the way down.  And dang it!  I did it again with giving him a treat from my hand.  If I'm going to do that with him I have to be super fast - faster than him jumping.  Thank goodness dogs are forgiving when we humans make mistakes!
 
 
"love me some treats!"
 
all that works makes for a relaxed Tremolo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment