Thursday, February 6, 2014

Using the enviroment - Part 1


"I'm not just a pretty faced boy"

Tremolo is a very smart and busy young boy.  He loves to get outside and while on our walks, I've been looking for different ways to work his mind and body while also building trust and having fun.  One game we came up with was jumping up, over and off objects in the enviroment.  On this walk we found a large rock - PERFECT!
 
Tremolo is motivated by food and touch and I use both with him. 
He gets a reward for putting two feet on the rock.
And then he's thinking about getting up and over the rock. 
A lot of work for his little brain!

He's up and with all four feet on the rocks he gets a reward! 
Great work for his body.

And off the rock he goes - good boy Tremolo!

 
He had a lot of fun with this game - Good boy Tremolo!
 

This game also works on impulse control and since he likes to jump I'm using that in a productive way.
 
And did you see my mistake in the video?  One thing I'm working on with Tremolo is not jumping on me.  When I give him a treat in my hand he has to jump for the treat.  Mental note to self to feed him by tossing the treat on the ground that way he's reinforced for having all fours on the floor or ground in this case!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment