Saturday, August 24, 2013

Efeste visits the vet

 


Efeste and I headed to the vet and I wanted to try out a new clinic Urban Animal.  It's close to were we live and even better, open on the weekends! The service and care was super and I'm definitely recommending this clinic to folks in my area.
 
Efeste is being treated for an upper respiratory infection and hopefully will be feeling better soon.  She did really great at the vet.  There was a good amount of noise, she met 5 new people.  She also got to watch a number of dogs and cats coming in and out of the clinic. Efeste was a bit nervous but, this was a good experience for her.

The one shock I had was just how tiny Efeste is. 
She weighed in at a whopping 1lb 1oz!  I had them weight her twice just to be sure.


She's so tiny that even this super small cat collar doesn't fit!


"Why are we here?"


"What's going on out there?"
 

Efeste taking in all the noise and sounds
 
 

"This waiting is boring..."


"In case you forgot, I'm a puppy and if I'm bored I'll find something to occupy my time!"

 
So to curb the boredom, we started working on different textures and sounds. As you will see she did pretty great!
 
 
Working with the leash - a game that makes noise! If she would have shown any distress I would have stopped immediately with the noise.  I only made the noise for a short time so she had a good experience.
 
  
Who says a vet visit can't be fun!
 
 
 

Tired puppy after the exam.

Waiting for her medication - she did great.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment