Monday, April 22, 2013

The question I always get asked...

How can you foster and not want to keep them all.  And what I often say that is this isn't about me.  I foster to help wonderful dogs find great, loving homes.  Do I feel some sadness when they go to their forever home - of course I do.  But, that little bit of sadness is mixed with a huge amount of happiness.  You have to remember that these dogs wouldn't have lived had there not been a foster spot for them. Not only have we had the pleasure of getting to know and help many amazing dogs - we get to see and hear about their bright and full lives. 

Below is an update on our foster boy named Reynvaan - now Rain. This sweet guy was on last call due to no shelter space.  I feel a tremendous amount of joy for this boy who was rescued and is very loved by his family.  Happy life to you sweet Rain!
 
Here's the email from Rain's mom:
 
Rain went on his first camping trip last weekend! It was soooo exciting.... He got to play on the beach, go for hikes, sit around the campfire (taking turns on different laps), smell very interesting smells, get close to a chipmunk, sleep in a pop-up camper with his family, and much more ! He even rolled around in a field of flowers and got adorned with a daisy chain !  Watching his family canoe was hard work though! He never took his eyes off whoever was on the water... a rattie has to make sure everyone is ok!
 
Rain in his daisy chain
In the pop-up camper with his family


Sitting around the campfire with his family


Fun on the beach
 
"On a coffee run"

The whole family!

Having fun!

What a happy life for Rain - thank you to his family!

3 comments:

  1. That is just adorable! The whole family looks like they're having a lot of fun! I came to your blog via petfinder - my parents adopted a rat terrier a year or two ago and now I'm thinking of getting one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful and they are amazing dogs! We always have ratties looking for homes and I'm glad you found my blog.

      Delete