Thursday, April 11, 2013

A thank you to D'light & Catty

When we were looking to adopt a dog I was just looking for a walking partner - I had no clue how adopting Catty would change how I think about dogs.  Catty is a "sassy" girl who has led us down the path of fostering 25 ratties and of course adopting D'light. 
 
While Catty and D'light have a loving home, they give me so much more.  What they give me are multiple opportunities to grow, learn and be curious about them.  This of course spills over to our fosters and gives me ample opportunity to be a better observer and listener of all dogs.  Catty & D'light have helped me to slow down, to be thoughtful and if I try to speed through things they let me know (in their own special ways) to slow down and pay attention.  I love them both dearly for the lesson they give me each day, the people they have brought into my life and what they continue to give me. 
 
Here's just a snap shoot of these two goofy, sensitive & loving dogs - you can see why both of them are so dear to me.

Catty the girl with TONS of personality

Catty likes to scratch the blankets in her crate (thus the fuzz next to her), pull them out and then she does wacky stuff like this!
 
 
 
D'light - my heart dog. 
This was after a TTouch session, you can see how relaxed he is.  I'd never heard of TTouch until D'light came into my life.  I'm big time supporter of TTouch and D'light TTouch practitioner  has helped him a ton.  We continue TTouch, usually a session once a month.
 
D'light and I travel to Lacey, WA on Saturdays to attend formal nose work training. 
He's doing wonderful and I would recommend nose work to any dog but, for a fearful/under confident dog it works wonders. It's awesome watching all different types dogs (age, size, personality) work and they all love this sport.
 
 What is  NoseWork
 
Below are two video's of D'light doing Nose Work - this was his 3rd class and his motto is "Slow and steady win the race!" He's really doing wonderful and I love watching him search.
 

Below is D'light searching interior and exterior find


 
Both Catty and D'light are not that into foster dogs but, they sure do like each other.  One of the many things I adore about Catty is that she always lets D'light "win".  
 
 
Here you can see the softer goofier side of sweet Catty girl. Who would have guessed that these two were perfect for each other!
 
 
Both of them are awkward in their play style (BEWARE THERE IS BARKING)
 


 
So a thank you to both of my dogs.  You have given me and continue to give me way more than I will ever be able to give you.



No comments:

Post a Comment