Sunday, November 10, 2013

Time to eat

Rather than feeding Tulpen out of a bowl I opted to let him try out the Busy Ball. 


Everyone knows rat terriers are smart and what better way to stimulate their brain than to feed them with an interactive feeder.  We have tons of different feeders and I decided to start Tulpen with this one since it's easy for the dog to be successful. 
 
Remember that you want to match the difficulty of the feeder to the dog - so start with a easy one.  You want this to be fun for your pup!  Some dogs really excel at puzzles and others never move past a simple feeder and that's ok.  My Catty is a puzzle master while D remains with the easiest interactive feeder possible.  My goal isn't to have any dog be the best puzzle master.  My goal is for the dog to have fun, stimulate their brain and build confidence.

Here's a past post on puzzles/interactive feeders: past post on puzzles, puzzles, puzzles

Here's a series of Tulpen's first try with the Busy Ball


He made me laugh - the ball is empty but, he's still moving it to see if more food will come out.  Good boy Tulpen!
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment