Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Buty is on the mend!

Sweet Buty has had kennel cough since she arrived and try as we might, we haven't been able to get rid of it!  So since we were already going to the vet (yesterday) to be micro chipped, I asked for a prescription of antibiotics to get her better, quicker.
Normally I would just let this run it's course but, Buty had live changing event on the very soon horizon so, we want her in tip top shape!  We had been giving her Tusin at night which she HATED but, this liquid antibiotic is chicken flavor and she loves it!   We are seeing a difference in her energy and it's only been 24 hours. 
One thing Buty loves is to be under blankets and warm.  I don't know if this is becasue she's been sick or just the way she is.  So, since she's been feeling bad, I put a heating pad under her sleep sack and had it on for 15 minutes.  Now I did this because I was in the same room with her for the 15 minutes and supervised her and the heating pad - this isn't something I would do if I couldn't keep an eye on the dog. Buty thought it was pretty awesome and she was in this sack for well over 5 hours getting lots of R&R while being very warm.
 
 
Awww, this is nice

I lifted up the top of the sack - she's all streched out and relaxing!

Sooo warm!


We could tell she's feeing better as her ears are up -they've been pinned for a while since she was feeling so crappy.


This was in the evening you can see the snot dripping out her nose but, she's alert and just hanging out.

This was around 8pm and look who's perking up!

Buty is just adorable

"I stick my tongue out to this nasty cough!"

The lovely Buty

Time for more sleep


This was Buty this morning! 
 
We're happy she's feeling better and she loves bones!

Working the bully stick
 

No comments:

Post a Comment