Tuesday, June 24, 2014

More muzzle training with Catty

We are getting into our groove and you can see Catty has a very positive emotional response to the muzzle! 
 
 
Next we are going to work on wearing the muzzle for longer periods of time.  Remember we can't expect a dog to be ok with us just slapping on a muzzle and then leaving it on for a long time.  Prep work is important and during all that prep work a positive emotional response is happening!
 
Notice that with the below close up video, you can see how the muzzle fits Catty.  She can open her mouth, breath without issues, eat and she could drink water as well.
 
You can see that I'm having a tough time with delivering the food - this is just going to take practice on my part and I would advise using soft treats.  I did try out using baby food and that worked well during this phase of our work together.
 
 
 
Below is a video with another training error. I think it important to point out that we do make mistakes and it's important that we learn from those mistakes - makes the human a better trainer! Here's my previous post Training the human while muzzle training
 
Watch the beginning, I'm pushing the muzzle towards her - I didn't realize I was doing this until I watched the video.  You can tell from her body language that something is off.  When this happens, it's usually something I'm doing.  Once I just hold the muzzle allowing her the choice to place her snout in the muzzle we are back on track,
 
 
 
We are doing great and someone else is curious about what is going on!
 
 
 
Ready for more training!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment